Buying A Home
Whether you’re looking for a quiet, secluded neighborhood or an interactive community with access to major Houston highways, The Lippincott Team has the knowledge of Greater Northwest Houston real estate to help you find the home of your dreams! The home buying process can often be confusing and tedious. But, with the right agents by your side, every detail will be handled in a professional way to ensure a happy and smooth experience.
Home Buying Tools
Tips For Buying A Home
- Be sure you’re ready to buy a home – Consider all costs involved, including taxes, homeowner’s insurance, private mortgage insurance (PMI), and utilities. Consider the responsibilities of home ownership, from mowing the lawn to maintaining the roof.
- Determine how much you can afford – Estimate the monthly mortgage payment. Include other costs such as taxes, maintenance, and insurance. Use our mortgage calculator below to help estimate these costs.
- Organize your personal information – Make sure to have the following information readily available:
- Name, address, and Social Security number of all applicants
- Contact information for your current landlord or mortgage company
- Pay stub and employer information
- The value of your assets
- The source of your down payment and closing costs
- Get pre-approved – A pre-approval will tell you how much you can afford, give you the power to negotiate and even make an offer, and show sellers that you’re a qualified buyer.
- Search for a home – Search our Northwest Houston homes for sale listings and drive through areas that interest you in order to spot “For Sale” signs and to get a feel for different neighborhoods.
- Research areas and neighborhoods – Use our neighborhood statistics and finder tool below to view demographic information for a specific Northwest Houston neighborhood.
- Visit selected homes – Take your time. Carefully examine both the interior and exterior of each home you consider. You may want to visit more than once if you’re seriously interested.
- Make an offer on the home you want – Before deciding on the amount of your offer, consider important factors such as the condition of the home, the competitiveness of the local marketplace, inspections, time restrictions and more.
- Arrange financing – Call your mortgage consultant with the property address. They will explain your options for rates, terms, points and other details about loan programs you may qualify for. Sign the necessary documents for application.
- Schedule a home inspection – Ask your real estate agent to provide you with a list of certified, professional home inspectors, and to help schedule the inspection.
- Prepare for closing – Make sure your closing date is scheduled prior to any rate lock expirations on your mortgage loan.
If you’re also selling a house and need the cash from the sale, make sure that the closing on your current property is scheduled prior to the closing on your new home. Congratulations on your new home!
Need more resources? Get help buying a home.
Build A New Home
Want to design your own home with the features and custom upgrades you choose? If so, building a new home is the right choice! We partner with most National builders to bring you the latest designs and widest variety of upgrade options, colors, finishes, stones, wood, and so much more. Contact us today to begin building the home of your dreams!